Thursday, October 8, 2009
Hopefully someone other than just me will read this...
So in reading on wikipedia about Animal Farm, I'm thinking it might be nice if one of us comes with a brief history lesson on Stalin and the rise of Communism in eastern Europe. My last world history class was about uhhhh, 14 years ago, so I'm a bit rusty! The wikipedia article has good references as far as what direct historical events the story is supposed to parallel. Anyhow, I'm enjoying this book much more than 1984 which I don't think I even finished because I got too bored...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds good! I can put something together about Stalin. By the way...I can log in!
ReplyDeleteMy copy has shipped to the library! Hopefully I'll be able to check it out in a few days :). Looking forward to the fun!
ReplyDeleteHowdy Susan! Hooray that you are here! :)
ReplyDelete